Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act Biennial Reviews
In accordance with the Drug Free Schools and Communities Act (DFSCA), Education Department General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR) Part 86, the University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS), as an institution of higher education with federal funding is required to conduct a Biennial Review of all alcohol and drug prevention efforts. The Biennial Review requires the following two objectives be met:
- To determine alcohol and other drug (AOD) prevention program effectiveness by identifying and implementing needed changes through a description of AOD program elements, goals and achievements, strengths and weaknesses, procedures for distributing AOD notifications, copies of policies available to students, and recommendations.
- To enforce the sanctions fairly and consistently through reviews of past cases and documentation of the efforts to support the standards of conduct.
The following offices provided information through statistics, interviews, and online resources to inform the Biennial Review process:
- Office of the Dean of Students
- Department of Public Safety
- The Wellness Center
- Office of Residence Life and Housing
- Campus Recreation Center
- Office of Student Activities
- Human Resources Office
- Office of Student Life and Leadership
The data collected will be made available online through the Office of the Dean of Students and the Alcohol and Other Drugs websites. Printed copies may be requested from the Office of the Dean of Students.